Prayer at the Bridge
We will be praying for the youth centre, our mission partners, weekly outreach initiatives and the good things God is doing in our city. Come and join us!
- Tuesdays 9:30- 11:30 a.m. – Lead by KHOP
- Wednesdays 8:45-10:30 a.m. – Lead by Pastor Jonathan Baird
- Thursdays 8:45-10:30 a.m. – Lead by Jenn Kloosterman
*Please enter through office (Brock Street) entrance. Prayer times happen in the boardroom.
Kawartha House of Prayer (KHOP)
John 15:8-9 Jesus said, “If you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is … when you mature as my disciples.” (The Message).
Kawartha House Of Prayer (KHOP) brings together followers of Jesus in a safe, vibrant environment to join God in transforming the people of Peterborough and the Kawarthas through intimate prayer and worship.
We ask for God’s blessing and protection for every aspect of life in our community and region. We pray for individuals, for healthy relationships and healthy homes; we pray for congregations and ministries; we pray for businesses, schools, hospitals and medical professionals, our political leaders, police and fire fighters, the public media, and for our justice system.
We meet on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. throughout the year and on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 a.m. during the school year at The Bridge Youth Centre (256 Brock Street) and on specific days as needed.
KHOP Core Values
- Love is the all-encompassing value and the hallmark of the true follower of Jesus.
The Scriptures teach us that:
- The two greatest commandments are to love God and love our neighbour (Mark 12:28-31.)
- Jesus commanded his disciples to love one another (John 13:34, 35.)
- Love is the virtue that binds all other virtues together in perfect unity (Colossians 3:12-14.)
- Without love every other virtue aspired to is worthless ( I Corinthians 13:1-13.)
- We are committed to listening to God. We will take the time and make the effort necessary to discern God’s heart before decisions are made or actions are taken.
- People are important. With a spirit of humility, we will seek to build relationships characterized by patience and forgiveness.
- We are committed to praying with passion. Prayer is God’s invitation into His heart. It is our privilege not our punishment, our delight not our duty. We believe we will be enriched by our praying together.